- Liopropoma africanum
- EnglishName: Africanbasslet
- Local Name : Africa faana
- Size : Max. 8 cm
- Family: Order : Specimen
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin divided. 14 pectoral rays. Typically 6-13 gill rakers. Third dorsal spine longest. Fleshy edge of corner and ventral margin of Preopercle with 12-16 small pores. Caudal fin slightly emarginate. Colour: Dull red brown. 5 darker body stripes with pale narrow interspaces. Second inter-space brightest. Stripes becoming yellow on head. Caudal peduncle yellowish, fins pale yellowish.
- Habitat and Biology: Lives fairly deep on coral reefs invariably in the recesses of caves and crevices.
- Distribution: Western Indian Ocean.
- Remarks: Liopropoma africanum has only been reported once before from the Maldives, by Randall and Taylor 1988. The specimen on which this report is based was collected by Randall, Shiham Adam and Anderson from an area of broken coral in 35 m at K. Maniyafushi.