- Fowleria punctulata
- EnglishName: Pepperedcardinalfish
- Local Name : Thikijehi boadhi
- Size : Max. 6 cm
- Family: Order : Specimen
- Distinctive Characters: First dorsal fin with 7 spines, second dorsal fin with 1 spine and 9 rays. Anal fin with 2 spines and 8 rays. Pectoral fin with 14 rays. Lateral line scales 10-12. Colour: Reddish brown with black spots in longitudinal rows on sides, and an oscillated black spot on opercle. Fins not spotted.
- Habitat and Biology: A cryptic coral reef species.
- Distribution: Indo-Pacific.
- Remarks: F. isostigma (Jordan and Seale) is a synonym of Fowleria punctulata. Very similar to F. variegata, which has brown molting on its sides and fins. The family Apogonidae is one of the largest coral fish families. World-wide there are an estimated 250 species.