White Mouth Moray eel
- Gymnothorax meleagris
- Maldivian Name: Ven
- Habitat: Occurs in corals , rubble on a reef flats and in harbours.
Location: All shallow reefs
Size: 1 meters
- Description: The turkey moray is a medium size moray which can reach a maximum length of 120 cm, but specimens usually encountered are much smaller. Its serpentine in shape body has a dark brown to black background color dotted with numerous small white spots uniformly distributed. The inside of its mouth is completely white.
- Diet: The turkey moray seems to be equally active day and night and feeds on small fish and occasionally crustaceans.
- Feeding Habits: They sense prey by detecting smell through the water and grasp passing fish by surprise attack
- Lifespan: unknown
Status: no danger but can be aggressive during pray
- Threatened by: human destruction.