- Variola albimarginata
- EnglishName: White-edgedlyretail
- Local Name : Kandu raiy haa
- Size : Max. 55 cm
- Family: Order : Specimen
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 9 spines and 14 rays. Anal fin with 3 spines and 8 rays. Pectoral fin 17-19 rays. Body depth 2.8-3.5 in standard length. Body oblong. Pelvic fins usually not reaching anus. Mid- lateral body scales ctenoid, without auxiliary scales. Caudal fin of adults very lunate. Colour: Body brownish-orange or pale red with irregular red bands alternating with yellow lines. Rear margin of caudal fin with narrow white margin. Pectorals yellowish. Other fins same colour as body.
- Habitat and Biology: Occurs on coral reefs at depths of 4-200 m. Feeds mainly on fish. Distribution: Indo-West Pacific.
- Remarks: Variola albimarginata is often mis-identified as V. louti. It can be readily recognised by the narrow white margin to the tail; V. louti has a broad yellow margin to the caudal and other median fins.