- Carcharhinus Melanopterus
Maldivian Name: Falhu miyaru.
- Habitat: shallow bays, mangroves, island lagoons, and coral reefs
Location: Gulf of Mexico, Caribbean Sea, Mediterranean Sea, central West coast of Africa, Galapagos Islands, Hawaii, Tahiti, South Africa, Red Sea, Persian Gulf, throughout India's coast, and eastern coast of China.
Size: range between 4-5 feet
Description: Blacktip sharks are long snout sharks with a gray body and white underbelly. Their name comes from the black marking on their fins which tend to fade with age.
Diet: fish, crustaceans, squid, and octopus
- Feeding Habits: faster swimmers, stay near surface in large schools and
- jump out of the water to catch prey
- Lifespan: longer than 12 years
- Offspring: 1-10 per litter every other year
- Status: Near Threatened
- Threatened by: human destruction, and finning!