- Maldivian Name: Mandi Miyaru
- Habitat: Found most commonly shallow coastal waters but reported as deep as 100 feet; occasionally occurs in estuarine and even freshwater habitats.-
Location: warmer waters world-wide
Size: range between 3.1 meters
- Description: Guitarfishes have a body form intermediate between those of sharks and rays. The tail has a typical shark-like form, but in many species the head has a triangular, or guitar-like shape, rather than the disc-shape formed by fusion with the pectoral fin found in other rays.
- Diet: The giant guitarfish feeds on bivalves, crabs, lobsters, squid and small fish
- Feeding Habits: Mainly on bottom crustaceans and molluscs.
- Lifespan: between 12-16 years depending on gender
Offspring: 10 pups per litter
Status: No Threatened
- Threatened by: fining, and bycatch