- Maldivian Name: Kalhu Ven
- Habitat: shallow reefs areas, reef walls ,steep and slopes.
Location: on every Maldivian reefs
Size: 1 to 2 meters
- Description: Moray eel is the largest type of eel. There are 200 different species of moray eel found in fresh, marine and brackish waters. Moray eels prefer warmer water and they can be often found in the shallow water and near the coral reefs. Although moray eels are commercially fished, they are not endangered.
- Diet: Fish , Squid, Crustaceans
- Feeding Habits:
Status: Not danger
- Threatened by: human destruction