- Maldivian Name: Vaifiya Madi
- Habitat: Find them on a shallow lagoons, deep channels and many other reefs.
- Location: Many of dive sites you can find this beautiful animals.
- Size: 1.5 meters
- Description: Flattened (depressiform) body with dark brown dorsal surface covered in white spots. Ventral surface is white. Pectoral fins are extremely pronounced - forming wing-like appendages used for primary locomotion. Head is obvious, with flattened, tapered snout. Caudal fin is heavily modified into a whip-like form (typical of ray species). Venomous spines (1-5) may be found along base of caudal fin's dorsal surface.Diet: fish, crustaceans, squid, and octopus
- Feeding Habits: Bivalves, shrimp, crabs, annelids, octopus, whelks, and small fish
- Lifespan: 4-6 years
Offspring: 2 to 6 per litter every year
Status: no Threatened
- Threatened by: human destruction