- EnglishName: Blackspot sergeant
- Local Name : Burandha
- Size : Max. 17 cm
- Family: POMACENTRIDAE
- Order : Perciformes
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 13 spines and 14-16 rays. Anal fin with 2 spines and 13-15 rays. Pectoral rays 18-20. Body depth 1.5-1.8 in standard length. Posterior part of suborbital scaled. 3 rows of scales on operculum. Opercular bones not serrated. First ray of pelvic fin elongated, equal to head length.
- Colour: Brownish, paler below. Five yellow cross bars on sides of the body. A black saddle on caudal peduncle just behind the dorsal fin. A black blotch at the base of pectoral fin. Pelvic fin grayish, caudal fin brownish.
- Habitat and Biology: Inhabits rocky shores exposed to wave action, up to about 3 m. Often found in rock pools. Usually in pairs or small parties. Feeds primarily on benthic algae.
- Distribution: Indo-Pacific.
Remarks: Abudefduf sordidus is a very hardy aquarium fish. However, it is not very colourful and, like other damselfishes, it does tends to fight at times.