- EnglishName: Scarlet- breasted moari wrasse
- Local Name : Fulah hikaa
- Size : Max. 36 cm
- Family: Order : Specimen :
- LABRIDAE Perciformes MRS/0108/87
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 9 spines and 10 rays. Anal fin with 3 spines and 8 rays. Body depth 2.3-2.6 in standard length. Dorsal profile of head convex, particularly that of large males. Caudal fin slightly round in juveniles, truncate with elongate pointed lobes in large males.
- Colour: Brown with black streaks on scales and narrow white bars. Chest and pectoral region orange red. Narrow white lines radiating from eye.
- Habitat and Biology: Inhabits coral reefs to depths of 30 m. Solitary in habit. Feeds on molluscs, crustaceans and sea urchins.
- Distribution: Indo-Pacific.
- Remarks: Cheilinus fasciatus is one of the most brightly coloured members of its genus, other species being finely marked but rather dull.