- EnglishName: Collared butterflyfish
- Local Name : Kalaru bibee
- Size : Max. 16 cm
- Family: CHAETODONTIDAE
- Order : Perciformes
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 12 spines and 25-28 rays. Anal fin with 3 spines and 20-22 rays. Pectoral fin with 14-15 rays. Body depth 1.4 in standard length.
- Colour: Body essentially dark brown. Broad white band across back of head, with finer white markings on snout. Rest of face dark brown/ black. Anterior portion of caudal fin red.
- Habitat and Biology: Usually seen in pairs or in small groups on ourter reefs slopes at depths of 4-15 m. Feeds mainly on coral polyps.
- Distribution: Oman to the Philippines.
- Remarks: Chaetodon collare is a very sedate mover, and with its rather fine colouration is a very noble looking fish. A popular aquarium fish.