- EnglishName: Klein’s butterflyfish
- Local Name : Alanaasi bibee
Size : Max. 12 cm
- Family: CHAETODONTIDAE
- Order : Perciformes
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 13 spines and 20-23 rays. Anal fin with 3 spines and 18-19 rays. Pectoral fin with 14 rays. Body depth 1.4-1.7 in standard length.
- Colour: Orange yellow with a whitish spot on each scale and two brown bars on body preceded by pale zones. Upper part of black eye bar blue.
- Habitat and Biology: Inhabits, coral and rocky reefs to depths of 60 m. Occurs singly, in pairs, or in groups. Feeds on soft corals and zooplankton.
- Distribution: Indo-Pacific.
- Remarks: One of a number of small spotted butterflyfish, Chaetodon kleinii may be recognised by its dull
orange colouration. It is rather common in Maldives.