- EnglishName: Slender thread finbream
- Local Name : Janbu kandu uniya
- Size : Max. 18.5 cm
- Family: NEMIPTERIDAE
- Order : Perciformes
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 10 spines and 9 rays. Anal fin with 3 spines and 7 rays. Pectoral fin with 2 unbranched and 13-16 branched rays. Body depth 3.8-4.6 in standard length. Body elongated. Lower margin of eye tangential to or just above a line from tip of snout to upper base of pectoral fin. Pectoral and pelvic fins short, not reaching anus. Caudal fin forked, upper lobe prolonged.
- Colour: Upper part of body reddish, silvery below. Dorsal fin yellow with a bright yellow margin. Anal fin pale lilac with a series of elongated yellow spots. Caudal fin pinkish, lobes pale yellow.
- Habitat and Biology: Benthic species. Inhabits sandy bottoms near rocks in depths between 10 and 125 m. Swims in groups. Feeds on benthic organisms.
- Distribution: Indo-West Pacific.
- Remarks: Nemipterus zysron appear to be rather uncommon in the Maldives. This species has been treated
under the name N. metopias by most previous authors.