- EnglishName: Maldives blenny
- Local Name : Dhivehi venfunna
- Size : Max. 5 cm
- Family: BLENNIIDAE
- Order : Perciformes
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 12-13 spines and 13-14 rays. Anal fin with 2 spines and 15-16 rays. Pectoral rays 12-14. Segmented caudal rays 13. Snout over-hanging mouth.
- Colour: Light brown with diffuse white spots posteriorly and dark blotches anteriorly. Cheek with yellow dots. Dark brown curving line on opercle. Eye with white ring and radiating spokes.
- Habitat and Biology: A common reef species. Feed on filamentous algae, and the tiny animals associated with it.
- Distribution: Maldives.
- Remarks: Ecsenius minutus is one of the very few fishes known only from the Maldives. As the scientific
name suggests this is a small species, which is believed to reach less than about 5 cm in total length.