- English Name : Shoulderbar soldierfish
- Local Name : Fahdhemi dhanbodu
- Size : Common to 16 cm; max. 20 cm
- Family : Order : Specimen :
- HOLOCENTRIDAE Beryciformes MRS/0195/88
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 10 spines, followed by 1 spine and 15-17 rays. Anal fin with 4 spines and 14-16 rays. Pectoral fin with 15 rays. Body depth 2.2-2.9 in standard length. Body oblong. Third anal spine shorter than fourth. Small scales; lateral line scales 37-44.
- Colour: Light red, Dark red-brown bar across top of gill opening to pectoral axil. Spiny dorsal orange. All fins with white leading edges; red pigment concentrated at tips of soft dorsal, anal and caudal fins.
- Habitat and Biology: Occurs in shallow waters around coral reefs to depths of 10 m. Nocturnal.
- Distribution: Indo-Pacific.
- Remarks: Myripristis kuntee is apparently closely related to M. pralinia. However, M. kuntee has a broad rectangular dark bar running from the upper edge of the gill opening to the axil of the pectoral, while the shoulder bar is more restricted in M. pralinia.