- English Name : Spotted unicornfish
- Local Name : Thunbi
- Size : Max. 55 cm
- Family : ACANTHURIDAE
- Order : Perciformes
- Distinctive Characters: Dorsal fin with 6 spines and 27-29 rays. Anal fin with 2 spines and 27-29 rays. Pectoral rays 16-17. Body depth varying from 2.0 in standard length of subadults to 2.7 in adults. Adults with long bony projection in front of the eyes extending well in front of the mouth. Profile of snout between base of horn and mouth almost vertical. Caudal fin truncate to slightly rounded.
- Colour: Dark brown with pale blue dots on head and body, the dots sometimes join to form irregular lines. Eye rimmed with yellow. Juveniles bright yellow.
- Habitat and Biology: Common in coral reefs up to depths of 40 m. Feeds on benthic algae when young, shifting principally to zooplankton when adult.
- Distribution: Indo-Pacific.
- Remarks: Naso brevirostris is a common and distinctive member of the Maldivian reef fish fauna. Its
scientific name (“short rostrum�?) is based on a small specimen with a short horn.